Friday, February 26, 2010

My Greek Myth

Choose Wisely

The war of troy had been going on for many years, 8 to be exact. This story takes place in one of the many battles of Troy. In his battle, there were two hopeless warriors in need of a way to win the battle. They asked Athena, the goddess of war and wisdom, for help.
Athena grants the two warriors their wishes in the form of two women. One is very beautiful, and the other is very ugly. Athena lets the two warriors choose one of them.
But, she does not make that easy. "First, I'll tell them a riddle, the smartest one out of the two will know which one to choose." Athena gathers up the two warriors and the two women. Once Sir Sandae saw Arymith, the most beautiful woman he ever saw, and the chose Arymith. Sir Sandae didn't even want to hear Athena's riddle. For a fact, Athena was red with fury.Sir Hugo on the other hand was smart enough to hear the riddle. And so, Athena "Cooled Down," and told Hugo the riddle. Athena riddle went like this,"
A lovely Flower
Last one hour
Then leaves an empty space
A weed grows
And always knows how to win the race." At first Sir Hugo did not know what Athena meant. But slowly he really started to think about what Athena meant when she read the riddle. Then he remembered Athena's red face when Sir Sandae walked away with the beautiful women. So obviously she would be the lovely flower that lasts one hour. Perhaps the ugly one was the weed. Maybe even though she was ugly, she might have something better inside, so then he finally decided which one to choose.
"I will choose that one" Sir Hugo said. (Pointing at Olimvia)
"Her name is Olimvia, but good choice. You are a good man indeed" said Athena.
Slowly but gradually Sir Hugo's warriors and him were starting to need food, and many men were starting to die of hunger. Sir Hugo was starting to get really worried and since most of his men were ill, he decided to ask Olimvia for help.
"Olimvia my darling, is there any hope to win the battle anymore?" said Sir Hugo.
"Of course Hugo in fact I have been thinking of something that may help us win the battle" said Olimvia.
"Please tell me we are at the edge of the cliff at this time."
"Well let me see, how many animals do you have left?"
"Just one cow ma'am."
"Good, do you have any weed, and grass........................."
"Only a few Olimvia, now can you please tell me what you are planning!"
"Now, now Hugo don't be impatient for this plan might take a while. You must feed the cow with all the food we have and the left over too. Once the cows become fat, come to me."
"How long should his take Olimvia."
"No more then a week." And so as Olimvia had said Hugo spent the week caring and feeding the cow with practically all the food they had left. After a week had passed, Sir Hugo came back to talk to Olimvia.
"I have bought the cow, all fed up and cleaned up" said Sir Hugo.
"Great to know that I can count on you. Now you must set the cow free, and make it reach Sir Sandae warriors" said Olimvia.
"I will do as I'm told Olimvia." So Sir Hugo let the cow go, not expecting much to happen. Once the cow reached the other side, Sir Sandae's warriors where starting to get worried.
"Don't worry you'll be fine Sir."
"What are you talking about?!"
"All Sir Sandae does is flirt with that girl of his, what is she called again" said warrior 2.
"OH, you must mean the most beautiful girl in the world called" said warrior 1.
"What! All I am saying is that Hugo has all his powerful army set up, while we are all practically dying."
"Oh come on! Don't say that! Look, all I am TRYING to say is that they probably let this cow go on our side to show us how hopeless we are. I mean look at this, nobody who was hopeless would let a cow like this run off."
"He is probably right. Already starting to sound hopeless."
"Who is right."
Sir Sandae said,"Hugo sent us a cow to show us how hopeless we are against them.
"What should we do?" said idk (fill in)
"We? Excuse me, by we do you mean I because I am the only on that can do anything OK" said Sir Sandae.
"Here comes the stuck up brat than can only flirt with Arymith," One of the soldiers managed to murmur without getting his head chopped off.
"Men don't worry I have a perfect solution."
"And that would be..............."
"We (coughed) I will ask my lady."
"Great! Lets see where that gets us!"
"I don't know all I am supposed to do is be pretty."
"Arymith, can you tell us anything?"
"What you asking me for huh?"
Then a warrior asked Arymith,"What is two plus two?"
"Um............... is it 800?"
"NOPE"
"321"
"NOPE."
"12"
"NOPE"
"I really don't know!"
"WOW" said Sir Sandae's warriors.
"STOP! Warriors I have made up my mind, we will leave today for any more time being spent here would be useless" said Sir Sandae. As soon as the warriors herd this they were instantaneously caught in a net of furry, so they started to throw rocks at him, some even lunged their swords at Sir Sandae. By the time they were finished he was more than mutilated, and Arymith was next.
Mean while Olimvia had called for Hugo to come to see her.
"What do you want Olimvia" said Sir Hugo. In a very annoyed tone.
"I just wanted to tell you that we have won the battle!" said Olimvia
"YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" As soon as Athena herd that shriek of joy she came down to celebrate with Hugo.
"I am very pround of you" said Athena.
"You have won the battle for using your brains, GOOD JOB!!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Me alegro que hayas dejado de lado temas tan poco atractivos como la salubridad del agua. He echado mano del traductor para ver por encima lo que explicas en tu nueva andadura literaria y me gustaría que los tradujeses correctamente, porque parecen interesantes.
    Espero que hasta pronto. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eres la mejor escribiendo. Tienes una imaginación desbordante, así que sigue escribiendo y fomentando tu imaginación

    ReplyDelete